[phenixbb] "Open in Coot" not working on 1.6.1-357

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 14 14:32:27 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Ben Eisenbraun
<bene at hkl.hms.harvard.edu>wrote:

> So first off I see that I somehow got an older version of Coot lodged in my
> ~/.phenix/prefs.params file.  It was pointing to a linux Coot 0.6.1 32-bit
> installation.  I assume that will override the phenix.find_coot_command?

Yes, there has to be some way to override automatic behavior.  (For
instance, I'm using this right now to prevent Phenix from using the Coot
installed by Fink, because Fink has broken on my computer, yet again.)

The Mac problems appear to have cleared up when I removed the hard-coded
> path to the linux version of Coot in my preferences file.

Sorry, I hadn't thought about cross-platform issues when I set this up; not
sure if there's a good way to deal with this.  I don't think there are too
many people running Linux+Mac environments with shared home directories, but
I've been worried about 32- vs. 64-bit compatibility.

-Nat