[phenixbb] coot integration require coot with python?

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 3 16:13:29 PST 2010

On Mar 3, 2010, at 2:36 PM, hari jayaram wrote:
> Is it likely that the phenix-coot integration with the new GUI requires a python infused coot ?. Although I have set the coot path correctly nothing happens after coot launches .
> I am using the ccp4 6.1.3 coot 0.6 (revision 2540)  [with guile 1.8.3 embedded] and phenix 1.6.289 on OSX snow leopard 10.6.2.
>
> I know the ccp4 coot does not come with python scripting support ...the pymol integration seems fine , but coot just sits there with an empty window after a phenix.validate run.

Sorry, without Python embedded there's nothing you can do.  Don't bother with the Coot packages distributed by CCP4 - use the binaries on Bill Scott's web page, or install it with Fink.  I think the GUI used to display a warning if the Coot build was incomplete, but I never got this to work properly.  Unfortunately several other people have run into this same problem, so I'll see if I can restore the Python check.

-Nat

Nathaniel Echols
Lawrence Berkeley Lab
510-486-5136