[phenixbb] phenix gui freezes

John Berrisford jmb at mrc-mbu.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 11 04:28:38 PST 2010

Dear All

A little while ago I posted a message about the GUI freezing on linux
systems, either run remotely (centos) or locally (ubuntu system). I
never received a solution and I'm still having this problem despite
upgrading to version 1.6.

On my ubuntu system the GUI seems to freeze either when the screen saver
comes on (set to turn the screen off) or I switch desktop - although not
everytime I do this.
The freezing GUI means that I have to force quit phenix after every
refinement run (I haven't tried other tasks) and that the freeR is not
reported to the GUI (not a major problem). Thankfully in version 1.6 the
configuration and results for each refinement run are recorded and I can
retrieve this information by loading a job through job history - a big
improvement over version 1.5.

Anyone else having this problem and does anyone know a solution?

Thanks

John

--
John Berrisford