[phenixbb] phenix gui freezes

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Fri Mar 12 11:54:30 PST 2010

This is good to know; I'm glad it wasn't symptomatic of a problem with
the code for the GUI itself.  It would be good to know if the outgoing
connection is causing problems, or just the incoming connection - the
latter is much less important.   For now I will add a preference
setting to disable the "server", and if that still doesn't solve the
problem I'll disable both directions.  (I may drop by your lab and ask
to test it next time I'm in Cambridge, because I'd really like to know
what part of Linux is causing socket problems.  Are you running a very
restrictive host-based firewall by any chance?)