[phenixbb] program to display space group symmetry in three dimensions

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Tue Mar 16 17:35:26 PDT 2010

http://spacegroup.info/

seems to be similar to the old programs you found. It runs on Windows
only and isn't free.

COOT shows symmetry copies, but as far as I know not the symmetry elements.
I think it is great for visualizing the molecular packing.

http://pldserver1.biochem.queensu.ca/~rlc/work/pymol/

has a "draw_symops_cctbx.py" script for PyMOL. (It is a bit tricky
but not actually difficult to build cctbx with the same Python
interpreter used by PyMOL. You can ask me if you run into trouble
trying this.)

If you find anything else, let us know!

Ralf