[phenixbb] h_bonds restraints

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Sat Mar 27 20:25:42 PDT 2010

Hi Maia,

I'm not sure I understand the question. If you have that specific water
in your structure already (and you run phenix.refine with
"ordered_solvent=false"), then changing the h_bond_min_mac  or
h_bond_min_sol will not change anything since these parameters are used
in water update.

However, if you are at the stage of water picking and the distance
between Mg2+ and prospective water peak is 2.2A then the water will be
placed there (providing that the corresponding peak satisfies the other
criteria).

Could you please explain what exactly the problem is, and then I will
try my best to give you the solution?

Thanks!
Pavel.