[phenixbb] NCS problems using phenix GUI on a Mac

Mark A Saper saper at umich.edu
Wed May 5 08:40:43 PDT 2010

John,

I am having the exact same problem.  I need the NCS parameters in a format suitable for AutoBuild which I think is different than phenix.refine.  Are you trying to use phenix.simple_ncs_from_pdb routine in GUI?  Let me know if you have made any progress.

Thanks,
Mark

> Hello,
>
> I am having difficulties defining NCS parameters using the GUI
> interface (Mac 10.4.11; phenix 1.6-289).
>
> Phenix will automatically select NCS restraint groups and use them
> during refinement.  But if I edit the automated selections to my
> liking then click on Update and Save, the refinement runs with the
> original parameters unedited.  I have tried reading in a ncs.param
> file, but it does not get read during the refinement run.  Also, an
> intermittent problem with this GUI is that I am not allowed to "Add"
> a new restraint group.  When I click this button, it just clears out
> the selections on the last group, and does not add a new group.  Any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best,
> John
>
> --
> John Pascal, PhD                       ph 215.503.4596
> Assistant Professor                    fx 215.923.2117
> Thomas Jefferson University
> Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
> 233 South 10th Street, BLSB 804
> Philadelphia, Pennsylvania  19107

Mark A. Saper, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biological Chemistry
University of Michigan

Biophysics, 3040 Chemistry Building
930 N University Ave
Ann Arbor MI  48109-1055 U.S.A.