[phenixbb] R factor with no bulk solvent and anisotropic scale

Shunsuke Tagami tagami at biochem.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu May 6 20:00:34 PDT 2010

Dear phenixbb

I am refining a low resolution data (4.1 A).
I first refined my data with CNS, then I am trying TLS refinement with
Phenix.
Although R-factors with bulk solvent and anisotropic scale are reducing,
R-factor without them are increasing much.

Start R-work = 0.3762, R-free = 0.4043 (no bulk solvent and anisotropic
scale)
Final R-work = 0.5019, R-free = 0.5204 (no bulk solvent and anisotropic
scale)

Start R-work = 0.2665, R-free = 0.3195
Final R-work = 0.2578, R-free = 0.3126

Why are R-factors with no bulk solvent and anisotropic scale increasing
so much?

Thanks,

Shunsuke