[phenixbb] mac os x installation binary files

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Fri May 7 13:25:40 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Francis E Reyes
<Francis.Reyes at colorado.edu>wrote:

> But will it be via Apple's .pkg / installer? I'd rather have a dmg
> containing an icon/bundle that I can simply drag to the desktop.  Installing
> via .pkg's normally requires admin priv's.

Just a disk image containing a PHENIX-<version> folder.  However, because of
the way the installer works, you'll have to put it in /Applications.  Making
it possible to move it elsewhere is potentially a lot of extra work,
unfortunately - this is mostly for the benefit of people who want to run
Phenix on their personal MacBooks, not shared systems, and the nightly
builds will mostly continue to be command-line only.  (I will probably make
disk images for testing sometime next week, however.)

-Nat