[phenixbb] Autobuild submitted jobs

Mark A Saper saper at umich.edu
Wed May 26 09:06:33 PDT 2010

Dear Tom and colleagues,

We're running Autobuild composite omit on a large cluster, each node has 8 processors.  Autobuild submits jobs with the "run_command".  And it appears that each of those jobs submit other jobs. Are the latter jobs necessary?  That is, are there situtations where they wouldn't be submitted as separate jobs but run as subprocesses?  Currently nodes in our cluster don't have capability of qsubing new jobs, but we are in the process of changing this.

Thanks, Mark
Mark A. Saper, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biological Chemistry
University of Michigan

Biophysics, 3040 Chemistry Building
930 N University Ave
Ann Arbor MI  48109-1055 U.S.A.