[phenixbb] writing composite omit maps in .xplor

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Sat May 29 17:24:11 PDT 2010

Hi,

I think this is a good option-candidate for phenix.maps. Currently
phenix.maps can create a variety of maps and can output them in X-plor
or MTZ format.

Yes, generating an omit map is missing in phenix.maps as an explicit
option. But you can just manually omit the region in question and
compute a Kick Map. It is a simple alternative to "SA omit map" or
"Iterative Build omit map".
Or alternatively: a) omit the region in question, b) do some refinement,
c) after refinement phenix.refine will give your the omit maps or you
can just use phenix.maps to compute the map. I this this is the complete
solution for what you want.

For more information about phenix.maps just type this command in the
command line and hit Enter - the quick manual will be printed to the screen.

Pavel.