[phenixbb] dev-590 compile from source : -lGLU, -lGL

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 15:00:31 PST 2010

Hi Bryan,

> i looked around in the *source* distribution, didn't find this - but
> did in the binary.

Yes, that's what I meant. $PHENIX is the directory created by the installer.
I'm assuming the installer didn't fail completely.

> does you mean that installation with  --no-gui (not --nogui, i checked)

> still needs GL/OpenGL/GLUT/graphics related  things,  etc.?

Yes and no: yes because the --no-gui isn't  propagated to the part that
compiles the gltbx, no because it is meant to adjust automatically.
I'll look into changing the procedure that determines if OpenGL is
usable.

Ralf