[phenixbb] Help on multi-start-simulated-annealing sigmaA-weighted 2fofc map

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Sep 9 16:18:36 PDT 2010

  Hi Fengyun,

- to run many SA with different random seeds:

for random_seed in random_seeds:
   phenix.refine model.pdb data.mtz simulated_annealing=true
main.random_seed=random_seed output.prefix=random_seed

To create even broader variety, I would slightly shake the starting model:

for random_seed in random_seeds:
   phenix.refine model.pdb data.mtz simulated_annealing=true
main.random_seed=random_seed output.prefix=random_seed
modify_start_model.sites.shake=0.3

Note, you will need to filter the outliers - refined models that have
significantly higher R-factors compared to the rest.