[phenixbb] How does phenix.fmodel treat isotropic and anisotropic B?

zhangh1 at umbc.edu zhangh1 at umbc.edu
Tue Sep 14 18:30:40 PDT 2010

Thanks a lot Pavel! I just double checked with your fomula for several PDB
with anisotropic B factors, and it is absolutely right, and my assumption
was just wrong.

Then, I think phenix.fmodel should consider only Uani in ANISOU line
(since Biso in ATOM line can be just derived, or redudant). However, as I
mentioned before, I set all Biso in ATOM lines to be 0 while keeping
ANISOU line unchanged. Now I think the results should be identical, but
numerically the output Fc is still different, although the maps are almost
the same. Not sure whether there is something more than that.

Finally, if Biso is just derived from Uiso, how is the residual B (say
after TLS refinement) considered?

Thanks again Pavel!

Best Regards, Hailiang