[phenixbb] separate amino acid chains

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Thu Sep 23 06:49:50 PDT 2010

Hi Florian,

Yes, chains are intended to be separated by a line starting with ">" in
automr, autobuild, autosol, etc.  Usually that works fine.  Can you
possibly send me (off-list is fine: terwilliger at lanl.gov) your sequence
file and I'll have a look (and try it out)?

Sequence files normally look like this:

> chain A of my protein
MSQDKWLEWAVRLQALAQTGLAYGKDVYDMERFEEIRQIAAEMLVEPSGQPLEVVKDLF
PPLYLGKNTAEQL
> chain B of my protein
LLVQENDGLWSLPGGWCDVDQSVKDNVVKEVKEEAGLDVEAQRVVAILDKHKNNPAK

All the best,
Tom T