[phenixbb] unusual maps and Rfree for 1.75 structure

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sat Apr 16 22:15:08 PDT 2011

Hi Yuri,

you did not mention the resolution... From your email I guess it is
1.9A, is it correct?

Anyway, to bypass the uncertainties of the space group choice (and
artifacts due to constraints it applies) you can always process your
data in P1, solve and refine you model (applying NCS if necessary; and
yes, you are not solving completely new structure - you solved it many
times before, so you know the answer pretty much!) and see how the
solution obtained this way compares with whatever else you get from more
wise strategy.

Pavel.