[phenixbb] Intensity-Weighted Reciprocal Lattice

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 3 07:18:53 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 2:46 AM, Frank von Delft
<frank.vondelft at sgc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Nat - pretty neat!  I had a look yesterday;  no detailed comments, but I
> found it very hard to make sense of anything, and eventually figured out
> why:  the lattice flashes on-and-off during rotation.  So the eye cannot
> hold onto anything, so it's almost completely pointless.
>
> That was with spheres drawn, on CentOS5 (or something).

What kind of graphics card (and driver) do you have?  I haven't
noticed this with any of the systems I tried it on, but these are
mostly Macs.  Linux graphics support is a nightmare; I'm not sure how
Paul Emsley manages.  I'll take another look later today.

> I didn't immediately find pan, zoom and slab functions;  but if they're not
> on the mouse, the way coot and pymol have them, it probably won't be too
> useful either.

Middle button pans, right button or mouse wheel zooms - there is no
slab function right now, but I have the code written for another app,
so it's easy to add.

-Nat