[phenixbb] questions to my Phenix reifnemnt

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sun Dec 4 21:43:22 PST 2011

Hi,

>> Will you please tell me how to process my refinement? In Phenix refine,
>> which kinds of combination of strategy combination are allowable, which are
>> not allowable, which kinds of combination of restraints and weight
>> combination are allowable, which are not allowable, which kinds of
>> combinations of option are allowable, which are not allowable, and why?

your questions show me that you may need to glance through the content
of these links, that summarize what crystallographic structure
refinement is and how it works:

- general:
http://phenix-online.org/presentations/latest/pavel_refinement_general.pdf

- phenix.refine specific:
http://phenix-online.org/presentations/latest/pavel_phenix_refine.pdf

Normally, that should answer the questions like "which parameters to
refine and how".

If you send a more specific question I will try to come up with a more
specific answer.