[phenixbb] excluding atoms from refinement

Jeff Headd jjheadd at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 8 10:29:27 PST 2011

Hi Crystal,

You can exclude any part of your model with a selection like this:

refinement {
  refine {
    strategy = *individual_sites *individual_sites_real_space rigid_body \
               *individual_adp group_adp tls *occupancies group_anomalous
    sites {
      individual = "not chain B"
      torsion_angles = None
      rigid_body = None
    }
  }
}

In this example, I've excluded chain B from individual site
refinement. You can see more selection examples here:

http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/refinement.htm#anch88

Thanks,
Jeff