[phenixbb] excluding atoms from refinement

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 8 10:38:50 PST 2011

Hi Crystal,

note that Jeff's suggestion will exclude selected atoms from refinement
of coordinates *only*. The other parameters, such as B-factors,
occupancies etc will still be refined for them. More complete is:

   refine {
     strategy = *individual_sites *individual_sites_real_space rigid_body \
                *individual_adp group_adp tls *occupancies group_anomalous
     sites {
       individual = not (chain B and resseq 13:15)
     }
     adp {
       individual {
         isotropic = not (chain B and resseq 13:15)
         anisotropic = not all
       }
     }
     occupancies {
       remove_selection = not (chain B and resseq 13:15)
     }
   }

Depending on whether you want these atoms to participate in bulk-solvent
mask calculation you may set up the occupancies of selected atoms to zero.

Pavel