[phenixbb] ncs_average output map

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Mon Dec 12 12:06:16 PST 2011

Hi Ursula,

It depends what the purpose of your averaging is...that routine is mainly designed to quickly show you what your averaged map would look like.  If you are doing density modification then you can use

  phenix.autobuild \
    ncs_file=myncs.ncs_spec \
    data=datafile.mtz \
    input_map_file=working_map_coeffs.mtz \
    seq_file = seq.dat \
    maps_only=True

and that should run ncs averaging using both NCS groups. Let me know if that doesn't do what it is supposed to!

All the best,
Tom T