[phenixbb] strange MR problem

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Mon Dec 12 21:07:03 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 8:58 PM, intekhab alam <faisaldbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> i want to make one clarification here that clashes appear when i used the
> mtz file generated by CCP4 along with the MR solution from Phaser in Refmac
> 5. Refinemnet is fine in Phenix with R and Rfree of 25/30.

Sorry, I'm not sure what would cause the clashes - hopefully someone
on ccp4bb will have an answer.  (It could simply be a result of the
X-ray/geometry weighting not being correct - a sure sign of this,
regardless of program used, is excessively high RMS(bonds) and
RMS(angles).)  I'm glad Phenix is working though!

> i am using Phenix 1.7.1.743.

FYI, you should update to 1.7.3 - the geometry may be significantly
improved at this resolution.

-Nat