[phenixbb] High B-factors after Phenix restrained refinement

Da Duan 2dd13 at queensu.ca
Fri Dec 16 07:54:42 PST 2011

Hi Nat

I was just looking at the average B in the refinement log files from Refmac
and Phenix Refine. Thanks for the clarification on how Refmac and Phenix
calculate the average B. My next question is when depositing the structure,
is it more common to deposit structures with the "residual" B-factors or
B-factors generated by Phenix that includes the TLS and Ucryst
contribution? I also performed sfcheck and the average B generated by the
Wilson plot is ~100 which seems to suggest that the Phenix average B is
probably "more" correct?

Thanks again

Da