[phenixbb] Unrealistic number of waters found by phenix?

Ina Lindemann lindema2 at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Feb 16 23:52:26 PST 2011

Hi,

I am refining a crystal structure of a protein with 198 amino acids at
1.59 A resolution.
I have used the function Update waters in phenix. After visual
inspection of the found water molecules I deleted some of them, but
there are still 334 water molecules left which show reasonable
electron density. Many of them interacts just with other water
molecules and not with the protein.
I calculated the average B of water molecules = 26.3 and protein = 12.6.
Now I am wondering if the number of water molecules and their average
B value is to high with respect to the protein and would be very
pleased about your answers.

With best regards,
Ina

Ina Lindemann