[phenixbb] Unrealistic number of waters found by phenix?

Felix Frolow mbfrolow at post.tau.ac.il
Thu Feb 17 00:23:58 PST 2011

Dear Ina Lindemann
These are problems of the rich people...
Be happy and why not, after all your resolution is ~1.6 A
I would say that you have not enough water molecules. In such resolution and such molecular size
I would expect about 2 or even 3 water molecules per residue. So you are missing 198*2-334=62 water molecules.
As a frequent reviewer I would not let a paper describing such structure to pass!  ;-) ;-)

Dr Felix Frolow
Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology
Department of Molecular Microbiology
and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

Acta Crystallographica F, co-editor