[phenixbb] Accessing the CCP4 monomer library in Coot opened from Phenix

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Sun Jan 9 12:02:54 PST 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Joseph Noel <noel at salk.edu> wrote:
> Having trouble getting Coot loaded by Phenix to access monomers such as DTT,
> glycerol, etc I assume through the CCP4 monomer library. If I insert the
> following in the phenix file, start_coot.sh:
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/ccp4-6.1.13/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
>        export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
> will Coot now access the monomer library?

No, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH (equivalent to LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Linux) is a
system setting for locating shared library objects that need to be
linked to executables.  A quick bit of Googling identified various
candidates for what you want: COOT_REFMAC_LIB_DIR, CCP4_LIB, or
CLIBD_MON.  Not sure which of these is actually appropriate, however,
and I admit I'm confused about why this would be necessary in your
case since the installation of Coot I have appears to include the
complete monomer library*.  Hopefully Paul E. can clarify (I think
he's still subscribed)...

-Nat

(* /Applications/coot.app/Contents/coot/share/coot/lib/data/monomers/,
using the .pkg file for revision 3072 found here:
http://sage.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/xtal/wiki/index.php/Stand-Alone_Coot)