[phenixbb] AutoSol question

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Fri Jul 8 08:47:41 PDT 2011

Hi Laurie,

I'm sorry for the trouble!  If you provide a heavy_atom file then autosol
should not search for additional sites if everything is working ok.  In
the GUI you should be able to just supply the file and it should be
recognized.  On the command line you should be able to say

  sites_file=ha.pdb

I just tried that here and it seemed fine. The log file said:

  HA SITES FILE /net/sigma/raid1/scratch1/terwill/misc/junk/wt056/ha.pdb
  Reading sites from
/net/sigma/raid1/scratch1/terwill/misc/junk/wt056/ha.pdb

If that doesn't work for you, can you send me (off-list;
terwilliger at lanl.gov) the full log file for your autosol run?  I'll have a
look at it.

Now a different question is finding sites closer together than you
specify.  You can say,

  hyss_min_distance = 3.5

to only look initially for sites 3.5 A apart with HYSS.  However phaser
will later try to add sites (if this is a SAD dataset) and they may be
closer than that (because they may simply be multiple conformations of a
SeMet side chain).

I hope that helps!
-Tom T

All the best,