[phenixbb] phenix.phaser PATH problem

G P gysubscribe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:21:18 PDT 2011

Dear all,

It's long story:

At beginning, I have phenix installed. I do not have CCP4 installed. Then I
run "phenix.phaser params.eff" to call phenix run phaser from script
params.eff. It works well.
Then, I installed CCP4 with its own phaser inside. Then I run again
"phenix.phaser params.eff". The computer start to import files (should be
some libraries and supporting files, not input data) from CCP4 installation
directory. It seems so strange for me.

And because some of the .so files in CCP4 directory are for 32bit,
phenix.phaser gave me error message: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 and refused
to keep running. I guess I could solve this problem by copying the same .so
file in phenix directory into CCP4's directory.

What I really want to know is why this happen. Is that the installation of
CCP4 changed some kinds of PATH variables for phenix? How could I fix by
giving a right path again?

I would appreciate to any help. Thanks a lot guys!

Best regards,
GP