[phenixbb] phenix.phaser multiple models

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 21 09:44:40 PDT 2011

n Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 7:47 AM, G Y <gysubscribe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to give several input pdb (searching model) at same time and let
> phaser run MR separately on each of them. I found I can do this by first
> "Add ensembles" at Ensemble tab and then "Add search" at Search procedure
> tab then link the correct ensemble ID.

If you add multiple search tabs for the different search models, it
will try to find each ensemble in turn.  The correct way to try
multiple mutually-exclusive ensembles is to have a single search tab
for the set, and check each ensemble that should be considered.  (Or
is this what you did, and I misread?)  This will still only output the
best solution, I think.

> However, there is just one output result for the best solution. Is there
> anyway to get all solutions in separate .mtz and .pdb files for different
> searching models?

I don't think this is possible with the main Phaser interface (or
command-line equivalent).  There is however a separate (very
experimental) app that I think will do what you want:

1) Open the Preferences, click "General", and check the box labeled
"Enable alpha-test programs and features"
2) Close and restart the GUI
3) Under molecular replacement, click the button "Parallel Phaser"

A brief description is here:
http://www.phenix-online.org/pipermail/phenixbb/2011-February/016594.html

-Nat