[phenixbb] omit map

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri Jun 3 14:40:31 PDT 2011

Hi Mary,

there was almost exactly the same question on phenixbb a couple of days ago.

Try doing it differently and see what happens:

step 1:
remove ligand from PDB file

phenix.pdbtools model.pdb remove="chain X  and resseq 123"

or set its occupancy to 0 (which is not 100% equivalent but close):

phenix.pdbtools model.pdb occupancy.set=0 selection="chain X  and resseq
123"

step 2:
run SA refinement using phenix.refine:

phenix.refine model.pdb data.mtz model_no_ligand.pdb
simulated_annealing=true

step 3: load a map created by above run into Coot: how different it is
from the map that you get from phenix.autobuild run?

Pavel.

PS1.:
I will add a test that will assert that both ways (the above one and
using phenix.autobuild) give similar results.

PS2.:
You probably meant mFo-DFc map or 2mFo-DFc (and not 2Fo)?