[phenixbb] mr_rosetta - homology search with hhr file - Cannot contact EBI DbFetch

iulek at interponta.com.br iulek at interponta.com.br
Tue Jun 7 13:54:54 PDT 2011

Dear all,

     I would like to use mr_rosetta with homolgy search. I followed the
instructions at
http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/mr_rosetta.htm , generated
the hhr and the fragment files, but at submitting the job I receive the
message:

******************* ERROR ENDING ***************
Cannot contact EBI DbFetch service

******************* ERROR ENDING ***************

after both loading the file 3800765_mod_ed.hhr and generating the log
file mr_model_preparation.log.

     Concerning this problem, I saw
http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/faqs.htm#anch8 . But I am not
behind a proxy and even disabling completely the firewall, the message
still appears.
     Maybe this is more linux related, I use openSuSE 11.4.
     One workaround would be that I write a script to wget the pdb files
(listed in .hhr) and select the due chains, putting these in a certain
location and indicating in my script where they are. But I am a kind of
confused, might

search_models=

do this. I am not sure I could use a hhr file together with it. Anyway,
this might be a desirable solution for me yet I use to run my stuff in a
laptop which goes around by.

     Thanks,

Jorge