[phenixbb] Average maps (*not* NCS averaging)

Stephen Graham scg34 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 09:15:24 PST 2011

Hi there,

I'd like to average 2Fo-Fc maps from 2 (approximately) isomorphous
data sets (one with ligand, one without) to see whether I get better
density for some of the noisier bits of the structure.  I don't want
to do any kind of solvent flattening, histogram matching, cyclical
averaging, etc; I just want to sum the equivalent pixels and divide by
2.

Is it possible to do this easily using any of the phenix tools?  It
seems like all the required plumbing is there with get_cc_mtz_mtz or
superpose_maps, but I can't find a phenix utility for averaging two
superposed maps.

Thanks,

Stephen

--