[phenixbb] Average maps (*not* NCS averaging)

Donnie Berkholz dberkholz at gentoo.org
Fri Mar 11 05:11:21 PST 2011

On 11:29 Fri 11 Mar     , Stephen Graham wrote:
> Donnie: Can COOT average arbitrary maps?  I could not find that in the
> online documentation (just NCS averaging).

Yes, I even pointed you to the relevant menu entries. I've previously
used this to average maps from crystals in two different space groups.

I don't think it does anything smart to give you a complete unit cell,
though — just a chunk of map near your protein — but I could be wrong.

--
Thanks,
Donnie

Donald S. Berkholz, Ph.D.
Research Fellow
James R. Thompson lab, Physiology & Biomedical Engineering
Grazia Isaya lab, Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine
Medical Sciences 2-66
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905