[phenixbb] changing the project directory

Charisse Crenshaw ccrenshaw at salk.edu
Wed Mar 16 12:15:20 PDT 2011

 Hello,

I have recently started a project whose folder was located on my
desktop.  I would like to move that folder off of my desktop as I've
heard that having a messy desktop slows down one's computer.  I moved
the project directory somewhere else, and this resulted in Phenix not
being able to find the project (understandably).  So I moved it back
to its original location and Phenix could then open the project.  So,
in an X11 shell, I copied the project folder to the new desired
location, then changed the output directory in the Phenix main window
to that new path.  But when I clicked on the project again, the output
directory that is indicated changes back to the original path.  Now I
am looking through the preferences etc for a way to change the path of
the project directory within Phenix and I cannot.  Can anyone tell me
if this is possible and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks,
Charisse

The Salk Institute for Biological Studies