[phenixbb] Multiprocessors/parallel runs keywords

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 23 08:57:06 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Jendrek <alnyds at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I'm trying to get a grip on what seems to be a multitude of options for
> running Phenix in multiprocessor/parallel mode. Some of the options/keywords
> are obvious and easy to find in documentation but other elude me and the
> posts on the phenixbb make the whole issue even more complicated.
>
>  Dear Phenix Developers could you please prepare a short summary containing
> the info concerning running Phenix in multiprocessor/parallel environment
> for both stable and self compiled developer versions?
> Even a table with required keywords per program would be a great help...

I will try to throw something together later this week.  However, the
short answer is that only AutoBuild and a handful of smaller programs
(find_tls_groups, and the structure comparison GUI) have parameters to
make them run in parallel.  phenix.refine and Phaser can be
parallelized at a very low level by compiling with OpenMP support, but
this requires building Phenix from source, and is incompatible with
the GUI.

-Nat