[phenixbb] rotamers

Ed Pozharski epozh001 at umaryland.edu
Thu Mar 24 08:45:11 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 10:26 -0500, Phoebe Rice wrote:
> I'm moderately in favor of the "just let B go through the roof"
> option.

Phoebe,

the problem is that disordered side chains occupy random positions and
will unfortunately affect the rest of the model, and the upper limit of
the B-factor is still too low to prevent that.  It is a small effect in
most cases, of course, but it is detectable.

Ed.

--
"I'd jump in myself, if I weren't so good at whistling."
                               Julian, King of Lemurs