[phenixbb] Split Occupancy of a ligand and water

Katherine Sippel katherine.sippel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 13:45:17 PDT 2011

Use different altloc tags in the PDB (Column 18). For example:

HETATM 2142  O  AHOH  1009       1.332 -11.668  14.957  0.50  6.57           O
HETATM 2143  O  BLIG  1010       7.403  -7.755  -0.773  1.00 29.28           O

Then it will know they don't occupy the same space at the same time. As a
word of warning the occupancy refinement of two proximal atom that don't
have the same residue number can sometimes add up to more than 1 so check to
make sure the model makes physical sense.

Hope this helps,

Katherine