[phenixbb] whether phenix.refine can do Boverall refinement

zhangh1 at umbc.edu zhangh1 at umbc.edu
Thu Mar 31 10:12:53 PDT 2011

Hi,

I ccp4-refmac, there is a "BREF OVER" mechanism to refine the overall
B-factor (Boverall, obtained from scaling is added to the atomic B values,
or,
http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/html/refmac5/keywords/xray-principal.html#refi_bref).
I am just wondering in phenix.refine, whether we could do this after
positional and tls refinement. It seems to me the Boverall corresponds to
the overall anisotropic scaling factor and will be refined prior to any
positional/B-factor refinement in phenix.refine by default. I may be
wrong, but if not, my question was whether we could do it afterward.
Thanks!

Best Regards, Hailiang