[phenixbb] Molecule and maps will not load into coot from Phenix 1.7.1-743

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu Nov 3 07:34:00 PDT 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Jobichen Chacko <jobichenc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any progress in this matter. To add, do you have any version of Phenix
> which is working perfectly (the communication of Phenix with pymol and
> coot) in ubuntu system in you lab?

Sorry, I'm completely stumped.  It's working perfectly on my computer
- if the same Coot build is not working elsewhere, I think the problem
is something specific to the way your OS is set up.  All I can tell
for sure is that the interaction with all of the Python modules is
completely corrupted.  It's extremely difficult to debug this kind of
problem without direct access to the computer in question, but I'll do
a little more digging when I get to lab and see if there are some
other things you can check.  As a start, find the file in the Coot
installation named "coot-real" and run this command:

ldd coot-real

and send me the output (off-list, probably).

-Nat