[phenixbb] metal coordination restraints

Nigel Moriarty nwmoriarty at lbl.gov
Fri Nov 4 09:49:02 PDT 2011

Laurie

You should add the metal and waters to your model, then you can run
either ReadySet! or phenix.metal_coordination (which is used in
ReadySet!) to get an "edits" file for passing to phenix.refine. The
script looks for isolated metals (not Fe in Heme, eg) and determines
the coordination sphere. The distance cutoff can be adjusted. The bond
lengths are taken from a lookup table while the angles are taken from
the input geometry.  You should probably not include the angles when
the structure is not well refined so you can edit the "edits" or use
an option to phenix.metal_coordination.

Nigel