[phenixbb] Scattering from riding hydrogens?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Nov 14 14:37:38 PST 2011

Hi Damian,

the contribution of H atoms to the total model structure factor Fmodel
is refined in recent PHENIX versions, so these two parameters are not
necessary and in fact are leftovers that I forgot to remove when
switching to the new code. I will do it for the newer versions. Sorry
for the confusion.

So, if you have H atoms in your input PDB file then you don't have to
change any parameter. If you don't want to use H atoms then simply make
sure they are not present in input PDB file.

Current implementation of handling of hydrogen atoms in refinement is
partially inspired by
J. Appl. Cryst. (2010). 43, 1100-1107
and thoroughly tested by various numerical tests (that we should
probably publish in one of CCN issues).

Pavel