[phenixbb] STOPWIZARD

Morten Grøftehauge mkg at mb.au.dk
Mon Oct 17 12:40:09 PDT 2011

Dear phenixbb,

The Phenix manual mentions several times that making a file named STOPWIZARD
in the wizard root directory will stop the wizard in an orderly fashion the
next time it checks for STOPWIZARD. There is however no mention of how to
properly restart the wizard after having stopped it... How? I seem to
remember something about it being
>phenix.appropriate_wizard params_used_in_wizard.eff
but I'd like be sure that I don't simply start over by doing that.

Also can I then change the parameters before restarting the wizard? Say,
hypothetically of course, that I've started mr.rosetta and asked for 1000
prerefined models and realised that it will take ridiculously long and be
rather redundant since I specified both the .hhr file from global and local
alignment and the top hit has two chains (resulting in mr.rosetta wanting to
build 4000 prerefined models) but I don't want to throw away the 700 models
already built. Could I do something about that?

Sincerely,
Morten Grøftehauge, PhD
Durham University