[phenixbb] Unusual CCP4 to Phenix data conversion result

R.M. Garavito garavito at msu.edu
Mon Oct 24 05:36:50 PDT 2011

Ralf,

No, this is no real problem as we have now solved it locally by deleting or rearranging columns in sftools.  Using phenix.reflection_file_convert would work just as well.  The point is that input and output formats tend to be obscured for the GUI users (which tend to be the younger users).  Having a phenix page or wiki which briefly informs users of file handling and input/output data order would be helpful.  Some of our efforts involve comparing CCP4 and Phenix results, which means that compatible mtz files are required. The nuts and bolts of CCP4 tends to be a little more transparent than in Phenix, but I like the data handling organization in Phenix.  As the two program suites diverge in philosophy and implementation, the differences will need to be highlighted for users who want to use both. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Michael

R. Michael Garavito, Ph.D.
Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
513 Biochemistry Bldg.
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1319
Office:  (517) 355-9724     Lab:  (517) 353-9125
FAX:  (517) 353-9334        Email:  garavito at msu.edu