[phenixbb] Sugar woes

Nigel Moriarty nwmoriarty at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 17 08:18:09 PDT 2012

Simon

Things have improved since last December's version 1.7.3 but rather
than install a nightly build I believe you can solve your problems by
using the attached files. One program that can help a lot is CarboLoad
which will load a carbohydrate into your model without having to
fiddle with Coot. I would install a nightly build, however, if you
wish to get some great new features.

Cheers

Nigel

PS.

  CarboLoad - A program for loading carbohydrates into a protein model

Usage:
  phenix.carbo_load protein_pdb_file_name=pdb3a37.ent \
                    carbohydrate_file_name=man.txt \
                    map_coeffs_file_name=pdb3a36_map_coeffs.mtz \
                    residue_selection="resname LG1"

You can even specify the carbohydrate using the string "NAG-NAG-MAN".
Contact me for any help you require.