[phenixbb] Geometry Restraints - Anisotropic truncation

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Sun Apr 29 10:06:19 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Leonid Sazanov
<sazanov at mrc-mbu.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi, so will we see now the possibility to apply anisotropic resolution
> limits truncation in Phenix?

It wouldn't be difficult to implement - maybe a few dozen lines of
code.  It certainly seems less dangerous than providing a
general-purpose program for anisotropy-correcting data, which we've
resisted adding for a long time because it's prone to abuse.  I think
a lot of people use the UCLA server blindly because they think it's
magically going to make their refinement better, whether or not they
actually need it.  My feeling is that the truncation is really better
left to the data processing software, however; I'm not sure what the
options are there.

-Nat