[phenixbb] HB_score in Ligand Identification

Li-Wei Hung lwhung at lbl.gov
Thu Aug 23 12:47:20 PDT 2012

Hi Brad,

The HB_score detects hydrogen bonds and inter-atomic clashes between
ligand and protein.  This additional term usually helps differentiate
best one among a few good fits.

If you use the default library, since it consists of a diverse set of
candidate ligands, the outcome of fitting the same density could be very
different. It is not unusual to see wide spread HB_scores.  In the final
ranking, we use normalized HB_scores as one of the criteria.

Hope this helps.  I'll add these information to PHENIX documentation.
Please feel free to ask me additional question related to
ligand_identification on/off Phenix list.

Li-Wei Hung