[phenixbb] phenix and weak data

Douglas Theobald dtheobald at brandeis.edu
Tue Dec 11 08:27:28 PST 2012

Hi Ed,

Thanks for all the info, its very useful.  So I have two questions now.

What is the evidence, if any, that the exptl sigmas are actually negligible compared to fit beta (is it alluded to in Lunin 2002)?  Is there somewhere in phenix output I can verify this myself?

And, in comparison, how does refmac handle the exptl sigmas?  Maybe this last question is more appropriate for ccp4bb, but contrasting with phenix would be helpful for me.  I know there's a box, checked by default, "Use exptl sigmas to weight Xray terms".

Cheers,