[phenixbb] problem about phase caculate

yzhao zhaoy at moon.ibp.ac.cn
Tue Dec 18 16:04:06 PST 2012

Hi everyone,
I have came into a problem recently. My structure was solved by MAD and a crude
model was built manually.
Several peak data sets were collected, resolution is about 4A-4.2A. The heavy
atom can be located by anomalous difference fourier. I feed the initial phase
or heavy atom sites, and the peak data set to phenix. However the map after DM
is too bad. The density is very strange. I don't know what's the problem?

In addition, how to define protein mask at phenix autosol for density
modification?

Thanks in advance.

--

Yan Zhao, M.Phil.