[phenixbb] noisy sa-omit maps in solvent region.

Francis E Reyes Francis.Reyes at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jan 19 13:11:28 PST 2012

Hi phenixers

I'm calculating a composite sa-omit map for my entire molecule at 4 A. While my molecule more or less has density (very good for backbone, not so much for sidechains), the solvent region seems to be particularly noisy.

Is this the normal experience for composite sa-omit maps at this resolution?

I'm particularly interested in what autobuild does when it 'stitches' the individual maps together, is it a direct stitch of the 2fo-fc's after refinement or is there some kind of real space density modification involved? Or a combination of both?

Any suggestions appreciated,

Francis E. Reyes M.Sc.
215 UCB
University of Colorado at Boulder