[phenixbb] cif files

Kendall Nettles knettles at scripps.edu
Sun Jan 22 19:34:33 PST 2012

I think prodrg used abc... etcetera  to represent different atoms of the same element, while phenix uses numbers. You can hand edit this pretty easily, which is probably easier than editing the elbow produced cif to the correct geometry. However, it is also a good exercise to figure out how to hand correct the restraints at least one time. This is a common problem and we often try both elbow and prodrg, and sometimes neither will get it right for a complex ligand, so it is helpful to understand the restraint file.
Regards,
Kendall Nettles